Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: **NEW** Pricing - High Performance 50cc Engine
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 am 
jc250r31 wrote:
No you are going to need a motorcycle dyno. You will probably never turn the drum or burn up the belt trying to turn a heavier car dyno drum.

When i called my tuner he told me about a motorcycle shop that has a dyno for tuning and even has dyno contests every now and then. Im going to call them up today and ask them about there dyno and im sure they will know what their equipment can do. Hopfully it can still give an accurate number for a scooter. Even if the numbers look a little weird the scooter is doing back to back runs on the same dyno so you could see the change in performance.

I have a few more ?'s One of the guys a ride with alot has a red 09 ruckus as well. We bought them at the same time, brand new and have similar mileage (1100). He is 100% stock and Im leaning towards going with the 50cc motor you offer. Im betting the 50cc motor beats a bb in a race because it can rev like crazy.

Would it be acceptable to do his pull as the fist dyno run and then mine as the second or should i do a pull, swap then drive back up there when the motors in and do anouther pull on my same scooter?

Can I send you my 06 met motor for this 50cc engine rebuild or do you want the one off my 09 ruckus.

Once a few more of my part sell on here or evom.net ill call you up so we can get this thing rolling.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:13 am 
I seriouosly doubt that the 50cc will beat the big bore in a race. The big bore will rev out just as far as the 50cc with more power. Its not the same as a bigger engine, I know the train of thought that you are taking with this, but it doesn't apply the same way on this engine and piston combo.
You can do a pull on his but it wont be 100% as accurate because of alot of factors. His belt, bearings, rollers, variator, gears, condition of gear oil etc in the swingarm. Now you could put your swingarm on his bike and pull it then swap it back to yours and pull yours right afterward. That would be the most accurate measurement. The dyno runs really need to be made on the same day with the same variables as close as possible to really compare the difference. Otherwise there are too many things that can throw the numbers off and leave you either disappointed or overly happy. Either way though it would still show a gain, just the size of the gain would be the thing that would be differing on the different days.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 am 
Any new info on performance results compared to stock and big bore? I am considering this over a big bore because of the issues with checking the oil to make sure it is not all burned up. I also like not having to take to long to warm up the engine before I ride. Thanks for any info. I have a spare get engine that can I can send to you so I am really just looking at my best option for it.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:40 pm 
The guys that I have built them for really like them alot. Of course they never had a big bore before but the engine is definitely more potent than a stock motor for sure. It may not have quite the torque of the big bore but it does hold its own.

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:36 am 
Bump

My Ride

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm 
Does anyone have one of these engines??? I have one and am currently breaking it in. So far I am happy with it but haven't really tuned it or given it hell. I feel like a lone ranger here so if anyone else has one please chime in and let me know some tips/tricks.

Kennybs Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=70880&p=1227631#p1227631

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 pm 
In for more testing on these :popcorn:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm 
kennyb7988 wrote:
Does anyone have one of these engines??? I have one and am currently breaking it in. So far I am happy with it but haven't really tuned it or given it hell. I feel like a lone ranger here so if anyone else has one please chime in and let me know some tips/tricks.

Back from the Hurricane.....Just tune it and do everything for the most part the same as you would if you were doing the same stuff on a stock ruckus. You have more power to work with so if you start with whatever baseline you had before the engine you would have a good starting point. Key thing is to first tune the carb and make damn sure it is running correctly before starting to change variator and other non engine settings to start gaining speed, etc.

My Ride

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:31 pm 
jc250r31 wrote:
kennyb7988 wrote:

Back from the Hurricane.....Just tune it and do everything for the most part the same as you would if you were doing the same stuff on a stock ruckus. You have more power to work with so if you start with whatever baseline you had before the engine you would have a good starting point. Key thing is to first tune the carb and make damn sure it is running correctly before starting to change variator and other non engine settings to start gaining speed, etc.

That's the plan, installing a wide band within the next few days and just got some Met gears put in yesterday. So far I am happy with the pep of the engine it is like you said, same top speed but gets there way faster. Time will tell if this engine is everything I imagined it would be. I have not ridden it with the Met gears but my friend said the acceleration was still good even with the Met weights. i am really excited to play with this and see where it will go.

Kennybs Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=70880&p=1227631#p1227631

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:09 pm 
Hia,

Would this work well with a european pgm-fi GET?
If I ordered a "complete engine" do you think it would work to just transfer everyting needed for pgm-fi?

I'm thinking nobody ever tried, so you don't have an answer? fingers crossed tho...
:banger: :popcorn:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:02 pm 
Zoom-R wrote:
Hia,

Would this work well with a european pgm-fi GET?
If I ordered a "complete engine" do you think it would work to just transfer everyting needed for pgm-fi?

I'm thinking nobody ever tried, so you don't have an answer? fingers crossed tho...
:banger: :popcorn:

To be honest, I dont see why it wouldnt work. You would need to use your stator, flywheel, and the rest of the normal stuff and you should be fine.

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:39 pm 
jc250r31 wrote:
To be honest, I dont see why it wouldnt work. You would need to use your stator, flywheel, and the rest of the normal stuff and you should be fine.

Hmmm I might GET this with time... :banger: 8)
D'ya think it's the same with the big-bore engine? relative plug-and-play?

:D

The Carburetor Boys
The Carburetor Boys
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 pm 
Cylinder head is COMPLETELY different from the Ruckus GET head..
provision for injector cast right into the intake..

unless he shipped it over for you to modify

Just dont be a pussy, and you wont run into assholes.
tunahs tune and ruckas tuck
CarolinaCon 2009 - Slowest Ruckus

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm 
GETSlim wrote:
Cylinder head is COMPLETELY different from the Ruckus GET head..
provision for injector cast right into the intake..

unless he shipped it over for you to modify

So for this to work, I'll have to send over a cylinder-head?
Would he need the complete pgm-fi system for tests? (cdi, fuel-pump, coil etc.) or do we "know" that the same mods apply?
Anyone tried?

A friend of mine says I should just buy a big-bore kit and just do the cylinder/piston-swap, but I don't like that idea at all... Not as long as head-work seems necessary..
Don't want some half-assed "will it start today" scoot messing with my ride-time... some reliability must be maintained... (don't know if that would happen with such a kit, but knowing HIS kind of tuning, that's how it would be). lots of power, but only if the scoot/moped is in the mood for it... LOL

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 pm 
I would either switch to a carb, which would end up netting you more power anyway over the smaller throttle body, or you can send over the whole engine.

My Ride

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next