Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: **NEW** Pricing - High Performance 50cc Engine
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 pm 
I would like to see some comparisons eventually, this would be a nice mod for the money. If not on the dyno then a side by side video would suffice. The price on this is better then the BB.

:LR: :LR:

F_Rod - Certified Honda Tech.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 am 
Any updates?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:14 am 
candaddy wrote:
Any updates?

As far as dyno results? No. I don't have the free time available right now to be able to build a motor specifically to dyno tune. I am working on something a little more exotic for the engine to boost the HP more.

This engine is good for what it is, a 50cc motor, it has all options done that you could add without going to a Big Bore piston. They run very well as compared to a stock engine.

I really don't think I will ever get a chance to dyno one of these for only comparison purposes. Every one I build is for a customer and I only have one personal Ruckus to be able to use to test with.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:31 pm 
JC,
Since this motor option has been out for quite some time, what are the reports coming back like as far as MPG's and reliability goes?

Like I wrote in the other post, I would like to take the stock motor as far as possible. The reason for that is because of MPG's, and the reliability. This looks like something I may want to do, seeing as I would like to keep everything externally stock as possible.

Can you modify the stock carb? I looked at the carb and it looks like it could be ported out a bit for increased performance. I know I could step up to an aftermarket carb, but I do not want to loose much, if any, MPG's. What is your take?

You did mention that the piston has been modified, how so? I read through you description twice and did not notice where you explain the modification.

Is 93 a must? In Denver, we only have 91. We do have 110 available, but those places are few and far between and prices run $6-$7gal.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:23 am 
offroadruckus wrote:
JC,
Since this motor option has been out for quite some time, what are the reports coming back like as far as MPG's and reliability goes? I haven't heard any reports on MPG to be honest but it really depends on the carb you end up using. If you leave the stocker then you should get pretty close to your stock MPG. For reference, on the BB motors people have reported getting 80mpg with the 20mm carb. That being said with a stock carb and a 50cc engine you should be in the 90+ range if you were getting that on your stock engine to stat with.
As far as reliability goes I haven't had anyone let me know they had issues yet. It really should be just as reliable as a stock engine, only run better from the upgrades that are installed.

Like I wrote in the other post, I would like to take the stock motor as far as possible. The reason for that is because of MPG's, and the reliability. This looks like something I may want to do, seeing as I would like to keep everything externally stock as possible.

Can you modify the stock carb? I looked at the carb and it looks like it could be ported out a bit for increased performance. I know I could step up to an aftermarket carb, but I do not want to loose much, if any, MPG's. What is your take? I can modify your stock carb for you if you want. It will help performance some but don't expect huge gains from it as the size will still have to stay the same basically.

You did mention that the piston has been modified, how so? I read through you description twice and did not notice where you explain the modification. I didn't really explain it but basically what I do is lighten the piston as well as some other minor stuff to make it better that running just a bone stock piston.

Is 93 a must? In Denver, we only have 91. We do have 110 available, but those places are few and far between and prices run $6-$7gal.
I recommend higher than 87 because these engines have higher compression than the stock motors so it is safer to run a higher octane to prevent detonation for the average person who would not know how to diagnose that problem if it occurrs when using a lower octane. 91 octane would be fine if that is the highest grade available to you, 110 is definitely not necessary. If someone installs this engine and runs 91-93 octane then they would have no problems and would not have to worry about anything except normal maintenance.

Answers above in RED

My Ride

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:05 am 
jc250r31 wrote:
offroadruckus wrote:
JC,
Since this motor option has been out for quite some time, what are the reports coming back like as far as MPG's and reliability goes? I haven't heard any reports on MPG to be honest but it really depends on the carb you end up using. If you leave the stocker then you should get pretty close to your stock MPG. For reference, on the BB motors people have reported getting 80mpg with the 20mm carb. That being said with a stock carb and a 50cc engine you should be in the 90+ range if you were getting that on your stock engine to stat with.
As far as reliability goes I haven't had anyone let me know they had issues yet. It really should be just as reliable as a stock engine, only run better from the upgrades that are installed.

Can you modify the stock carb? I looked at the carb and it looks like it could be ported out a bit for increased performance. I know I could step up to an aftermarket carb, but I do not want to loose much, if any, MPG's. What is your take? I can modify your stock carb for you if you want. It will help performance some but don't expect huge gains from it as the size will still have to stay the same basically.

You did mention that the piston has been modified, how so? I read through you description twice and did not notice where you explain the modification. I didn't really explain it but basically what I do is lighten the piston as well as some other minor stuff to make it better that running just a bone stock piston.

I recommend higher than 87 because these engines have higher compression than the stock motors so it is safer to run a higher octane to prevent detonation for the average person who would not know how to diagnose that problem if it occurrs when using a lower octane. 91 octane would be fine if that is the highest grade available to you, 110 is definitely not necessary. If someone installs this engine and runs 91-93 octane then they would have no problems and would not have to worry about anything except normal maintenance.

Answers above in RED

The money in my pocket just got really hot. Thanks for the reply.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am 
If you have any other questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 am 
I'm sorry but I'm still confused about the pricing..

650 is for an outright engine?

how much is it to send yours in and have this work done to it?

I have sporadic internet and would like to discuss this in more detail. Is there a chance I could get you to call?

Skipbarber wrote:
PS: Ever notice that the more you spend on a ruckus, the less of it there seems to be?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:47 pm 
ubuntu wrote:
I'm sorry but I'm still confused about the pricing..

650 is for an outright engine?

how much is it to send yours in and have this work done to it?

I have sporadic internet and would like to discuss this in more detail. Is there a chance I could get you to call?

No $650 is the price for you to have the work done to your engine. If you want to buy an engine completely done already the adder is $200.00, so a total of $850.00.

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:22 am 
jc250r31 wrote:
No $650 is the price for you to have the work done to your engine. If you want to buy an engine completely done already the adder is $200.00, so a total of $850.00.

Hi-- ok, after reading through all the posts on this thread and the BB thread, I'd like to ask you for a build recommendation, please. I have a lo-mileage 2008 engine hanging around waiting to become enriched so to speak. I have an aftermarket CDI and Yoshi pipe (or HMF pipe depending) as well to add to the mix on my end.

What build, with what features and add-ons for HiPo or BB, in your opinion would the be "sweet-spot" performance-wise be for $800-$1000?

Thanks in advance.

:wc_dribble:

Stolen... http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=69960
My Build: http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=46773

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:27 pm 
Will PM you details tomorrow (Err, later on today technically)

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 am 
jc250r31 wrote:
Will PM you details tomorrow (Err, later on today technically)

hangin' out...

:wc_dribble:

Stolen... http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=69960
My Build: http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=46773

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm 
Anyone have to and can give a testimony of how different the performance is than the stock ruckus?

One of Us
One of Us

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:48 pm 
I have 2 questions.

1.) Can you use a regular car dyno to dyno the scooter.

2.) If yes would you give me a little deal if I do back to back dyno pulls and post the graphs, Im good friends with a shop owner, he tuned my evo quite a few times and im sure he would cut me a huge deal on some scooter dyno pulls.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 pm 
Silky wrote:
I have 2 questions.

1.) Can you use a regular car dyno to dyno the scooter.

2.) If yes would you give me a little deal if I do back to back dyno pulls and post the graphs, Im good friends with a shop owner, he tuned my evo quite a few times and im sure he would cut me a huge deal on some scooter dyno pulls.

No you are going to need a motorcycle dyno. You will probably never turn the drum or burn up the belt trying to turn a heavier car dyno drum.

My Ride

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next