Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Pricing - High Performance 50cc Engine (2-2016)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:48 pm 
It is a more affordable option for people looking to go fast and get the most out of the Honda GET engine but don't have the cash for a full Big Bore setup.

This build is almost identical to the Big Bore engine except that it uses a modified OEM Honda piston and high compression. It is recommended that you use 93 octane fuel when running this engine.

The basic engine already includes the ported head w/modified valves. All other standard options are available so you can build your own custom engine package.

Upgrades for 2003-2005 engines to the newer 2006-2009 specs are available as well.

Detailed List
- Engine is disassembled completely, parts are cleaned in parts washer, and everything is inspected for any wear or damage.
- Cylinder head is bead blasted in the combustion chamber as well as the intake and exhaust ports to remove all carbon and again inspect for any damage.
- Valves are inspected after cleaning to see if they are reusable or not.
- Valve spring retainers are machined to accept a performance camshaft as well as lighten the valve train to help prevent valve float up to 10,500 RPM's. (This is done no matter if you buy the cam now or not, that way you can always install it later and not have to worry about that part of it)
- Crankshaft gets cleaned and inspected then the drive side bearing gets removed and a new one is pressed on.
- Cases/Cylinder is inspected after cleaning then machining takes place. It is washed thoroughly again to remove all metal from the machining process.
- Oil Pump, drive gear, cam chain is inspected for damage.
- Cam chain tensioner is cleaned and inspected/replaced if it is a pre-2006 model.
- Piston is installed onto crankshaft, new seals installed; cases get put back together with the proper sealant.
- New valve seals are installed, valves are reinstalled into head (if no porting is done), head is installed onto cylinder/lower half of engine.
- Installation of either the old head bolts, New OEM Honda Head bolts $3ea, or a set of stronger ARP for $60/set of 4, and then is torqued down properly.
- Installation of Performance camshaft or the stock camshaft, then the timing is correctly set.
- Valve clearances are adjusted to specs.
- Installation of remaining components takes place (Stator, Flywheel, Radiator, Water Pump, Head Cover, etc).
- Engine is turned over by hand to give it one final check/inspection before installing the spark plug.
- Engine is then boxed and packaged in a manner to avoid any damage even from a drop of 3-5 feet.

Complete 50cc Honda Ruckus High Performance Engine.
Will include the following new parts:
- Ported Head w/modified valves
- Modified OEM Honda Piston Kit
- All gaskets/O-rings/Seals necessary
- New Variator/Drive side crank bearing
- Spark Plug
- Valve Seals
- Valve clearances are set and ready to run.

Price is $650.00 shipped. Box will be insured for the amount of money you spent for the engine as well as any additional options you have added.

Available Options:
- 20mm Carb Kit (w/Sheng Wey Carb) - $190.00 (when purchased w/Engine) Genuine Keihin is also available.
- Lightened Flywheel - $60.00 (when purchased w/Engine)
- High Performance Camshaft - $140.00 (when purchased w/Engine)(In Stock)
- ARP Head Bolts - $60/set of 4
- New Honda Crankshaft - $80.00 (when purchased w/Engine)
- New Honda Parts (Recommended based upon inspecting your engine once it is disassembled)

If anyone has any questions about these engines please ask on here or PM me if you need to. I can modify packages to suit your build, etc. Just let me know.

All of the above prices are based on doing the work to YOUR engine which you must ship to me first. Contact me for the shipping address as well as other details on how to package the engine, etc so it does not get damaged en route to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To buy a Complete Engine Outright
The below description should clarify anyone wanting to purchase an engine outright without sending in your core. You can then sell your core or keep it as a spare.

Complete engines are available as well to ship directly to you already built with any of the above Big Bore options installed and does not require your engine core in return.

The engines will all be the newer '06-'09 style with the updated cam chain tensioners and the cylinder head intake port nipple block off (instead of an open nipple as on the '03-'05's).

These engines will include all of the above list of procedures done as well as the entire engine being bleadblasted to remove dirt / oils / road grime / etc, so that when you receive the motor it will look completely fresh. The cases, cylinder head, cylinder head cover all get beadblasted.

The engines are complete and ready to bolt on minus the flywheel (unless you purchase the lightened flywheel at the time of the engine) and radiator (you use your existing one).

The price to get a complete engine adds a total of $200.00 to the above prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selling Back Your Stock Engine / Note on 2003-2005 Engines
I will buy back your stock engine for $150.00 if you are interested. You pay for the shipping. Everything must be in reuseable condition, if not then that cost will be deducted from the refund. I only accept 06-09 style engines back as I have not much use for the 03-05 engines. If you have an 03-05 engine you can always buy a pre-built engine from me and sell your stock 03-05 engine on the forum or elsewhere. You will end up coming out ahead in that situation because the cost it takes to upgrade the 03-05 to the newer style engines isn't worth doing compared to the cost of one of my cores.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many questions that can be answered more easily with a phone call so the majority of the people who have PM'ed me I have contacted on the phone to clarify things.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Last edited by jc250r31 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:52 am, edited 12 times in total.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: JC Racing - High Performance 50cc Engine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 pm 
looks interesting cant wait to see some specs will help me for sure to decide which way I want to go...how does this engine sound vs the bb?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 pm 
I hope to have dyno results on both engines before it is over with. I really can't say a time frame on when that will happen but it will happen nevertheless.

My Ride

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:03 am 
If I get the carb too will you jet it for me? :wasted:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 am 
Yeah, I will install the jets for you. You may have to change them yourself to tune though. :snorkel:

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Shop mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: **NEW** Pricing - High Performance 50cc Engine
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 pm 
AWESOME DEAL JC!

ALOHA!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:24 pm 
Did you ever get these dyno'd? When tax season comes along i was going to order a carb kit but shit this is a good deal :banger: :banger:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:07 pm 
TheComebackKid wrote:
Did you ever get these dyno'd? When tax season comes along i was going to order a carb kit but shit this is a good deal :banger: :banger:

I am hoping to do then soon but it is not looking too promising. Eventually it will happen though. I am in the process of have some engines built and ready to go for easy one-day turnarounds on these and the Big bores. :banger:

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 pm 
how much does it cost to have an engine shipped to you. I am assuming that is not involved with the price and that the 650 is for return shipping, right? When you buy the carb kit with this engine, is it jetted at a base or jetted to run "right out of the box"?

Hope that made sense :dubious:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:26 am 
TheComebackKid wrote:
how much does it cost to have an engine shipped to you. I am assuming that is not involved with the price and that the 650 is for return shipping, right? When you buy the carb kit with this engine, is it jetted at a base or jetted to run "right out of the box"?

Hope that made sense :dubious:

It normally costs between $25-30 to ship an engine depending on how much you insure it for. Yes the $650.00 is including the return shipping to you but you are responsible for getting your engine to me. The carb is set at a base out of the box and you will have to jet it according to your locattion after the engine is fully broken in.

My Ride

2010 King of HATE
2010 King of HATE

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 pm 
i'm wonderign how close to big bore power the tuned 50 will do ?

'10 Elite 110 $2750
'98 Superhawk $2750 w/extras
MANdown
http://www.totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &start=180

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 pm 
Thats what I am waiting to find out myself.

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:32 am 
Updated Pricing on first post.

My Ride

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:40 pm 
jc250r31 wrote:
Thats what I am waiting to find out myself.

Well?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:03 am 
I never got to go back to the dyno but I have built a couple already for guys in Alabama that I know from MX'ing. They were impressed with the new engines over the stock ones, although no one has a big bore around them to compare against either.

I will get to it as soon as I get a chance.

My Ride