Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: Pricing - Lightened Flywheels (UPDATE 1-14-14) PICS 1st post
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:15 pm 
Just got my flywheel in today and it looks great. I went from 984g to 807g. That's 175g or an 18% reduction in weight. Pouring rain so I can't road test yet.

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:23 pm 
Out of curiosity, does the flywheel puller that works on my GY6 work on the GET?

'The Darkness'

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:04 pm 
Version2.0 wrote:
Out of curiosity, does the flywheel puller that works on my GY6 work on the GET?

Yes it does.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Pricing - Lightened Flywheels (UPDATE 9-2015) PICS 1st post
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:33 pm 
Have there ever been any issues with the lightened flywheel not balancing with the crank? I was telling a car guy about this, and he was concerned that the flywheel and crank on race cars need to be balanced together. I dunno anything about that, and he dunno anything about scoots, but all I could tell him is that I have never seen any mention of this issue. People sometimes get flywheels that didn't come off their own scoot, and no one has ever said there was any kind of problem.

Can I be enlightened? :oops:

2016 48 Hours of Ruckus Winner

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:21 pm 
Version2.0 wrote:

also works on the zuma 125, lifan type engines, old honda engines like c70, ct70 and probably the grom since its engine is similarly shaped and I think I used it on a kymco 125 engine too

good investment to buy one

:chow: :LR:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Pricing - Lightened Flywheels (UPDATE 9-2015) PICS 1st post
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 am 
P-Dub wrote:
Have there ever been any issues with the lightened flywheel not balancing with the crank? I was telling a car guy about this, and he was concerned that the flywheel and crank on race cars need to be balanced together. I dunno anything about that, and he dunno anything about scoots, but all I could tell him is that I have never seen any mention of this issue. People sometimes get flywheels that didn't come off their own scoot, and no one has ever said there was any kind of problem.

Can I be enlightened? :oops:

I answered this more in detail to you via PM, but for everyone else, I think I have mentioned this before but these are lightened off the centerline of an OEM Ruckus crankshaft so it will be just as balanced as it was installed stock before lightening.

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 am 
Mike155cc wrote:
Version2.0 wrote:

also works on the zuma 125, lifan type engines, old honda engines like c70, ct70 and probably the grom since its engine is similarly shaped and I think I used it on a kymco 125 engine too

good investment to buy one

The Grom puller is actually completely different, and actually way more expensive as well.

My Ride

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Report on results after installing lightened flywheel
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:48 am 
One-mile long easy uphill, with a couple short flat spots in the middle.
Last week, with stock flywheel, could not GET above 30 mph (speedo) the entire distance.

Today, with lightened flywheel, tried it again and was not below 33 at any point, and at best up to 36 mph, SO THE LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL DEFINITELY MAKES A DIFFERENCE! (Speedo mph used only for comparison, not to establish ACTUAL speed.)

I re-read the thread about lightened flywheels
[[http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=12578]]
because I was wondering about the differing reports on whether this mod makes a difference. I noted that when JCRacing began lightening them, John was taking off about 4 ounces. Mine is slightly more than 6 ounces lighter than stock, so perhaps some differing reports have been in part due to that change.

In addition, I think it would make a more immediately noticeable difference if your scoot is not optimally tuned. If the scoot is well-tuned or at least close to optimal, installing a lightened flywheel may not make as dramatic a change. As noted in my experience above, I needed specific measured parameters to be sure that there was indeed a difference. Riding on flat roads, it feels like it accelerates faster, but I had no real benchmark.

Now I will do more riding and see if I can determine whether I need to lighten my sliders to raise my rpms (not hitting 8000 until 40 mph :( ) or if that is simply due to sudden decrease in temperature. I'm wondering whether varying reports of needing or not needing to change weights are also due to differential stages of CVT tuning at install.

(ps--get yours done! Good Vendor bump!)

2016 48 Hours of Ruckus Winner

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Pricing - Lightened Flywheels (UPDATE 2-2016) PICS 1st post
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:05 pm 
Lightning fast Lightening goes on @ JC Racing. Thanks again! :banger: :highfive:

I give little to no fucks when I park my ruck.

chucktuna wrote:
Tell him to drop the butt hurt and log on again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7