Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Pricing - Big Bore Ruckus Engines (Current SPECIAL 1st post)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:47 pm 
For a Limited Time with the purchase of this motor you get a set of FREE ARP Headbolts installed at the time of the build when you purchase engine. Must PM me about this offer.

Here is a good detailed list of what is being done to the engine before you get it
- Engine is disassembled completely, parts are cleaned in parts washer, everything is inspected for any wear or damage.
- Cylinder head is beadblasted in the combustion chamber as well as the intake and exhaust ports to remove all carbon and again inspect for any damage.
- Valves are inspected after cleaning to see if they are reuseable or not.
- Valve spring retainers are machined to accept a performance camshaft as well as lighten the valvetrain to help prevent valve float up to 10,500 RPM's. (This is done no matter if you buy the cam now or not, that way you can always install it later and not have to worry about that part of it)
- Crankshaft gets cleaned and inspected then the drive side bearing gets removed and a new one is pressed on.
- Cases/Cylinder are inspected after cleaning then cylinder gets bored/honed. It is washed thoroughly again to remove all metal from the boring process.
- Oil Pump, drive gear, cam chain is inspected for damage.
- Cam chain tensioner is cleaned and inspected/replaced if it is a pre-2006 model.
- Piston is installed onto crankshaft, new seals installed, cases get put back together with the proper sealant.
- New valve seals are installed, valves are reinstalled into head (if no porting is done), head is installed onto cylinder/lower half of engine.
- Installation of either the old head bolts, New OEM Honda Head bolts $3ea, or a set of stronger ARP bolts for $60/set of 4, then are torqued down properly.
- Installation of Performance camshaft or the stock camshaft, then the timing is correctly set.
- Valve clearances are adjusted to specs.
- Installation of remaining components takes place(Stator, Flywheel, Radiator, Water Pump, Head Cover, etc).
- Engine is turned over by hand to give it one final check/inspection before installing the spark plug.
- Engine is then boxed and packaged in a manner to avoid any damage even from a drop of 3-5 feet.

58.1cc Honda Ruckus Big Bore Engine. This engine work is performed to your supplied core.
Will include the following new parts:
- Wiseco Big Bore Piston Kit.
- ARP Upgraded Head Bolts
- All gaskets/O-rings/Seals necessary
- New Variator/Drive side crank bearing
- Spark Plug
- Valve Seals
- Valve clearances are set and ready to run.

Price is $750.00 shipped. Box will be insured for the amount of money you spent for the big bore as well as any additional options you have added.

Available Options:
- 20mm Carb Kit (w/Sheng Wey Carb) - $190.00 (when purchased w/Big Bore)
- Lightened Flywheel - $60.00 (when purchased w/Big Bore)
- Cylinder Head Port/Flow w/Polished Valves - $200.00
- High Performance Camshaft - $140.00 (when purchased w/Big Bore)(In Stock)
- ARP Head Bolts - $60/set of 4
- New Honda Crankshaft - $80.00 (when purchased with Big Bore)
- New Honda Parts (Recommended based upon inspecting your engine once it is disassembled)

If anyone has any questions about these engines please ask on here or PM me if you need to. I can modify packages to suit your build, etc. Just let me know.

All of the above prices are based on doing the work to YOUR engine which you must ship to me first. Contact me for the shipping address as well as other details on how to package the engine, etc so it does not get damaged en route to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To buy a Complete Engine Outright
The below description should clarify anyone wanting to purchase an engine outright without sending in your core. You can then sell your core or keep it as a spare.

Complete engines are available as well to ship directly to you already built with any of the above Big Bore options installed and does not require your engine core in return.

The engines will all be the newer '06-'09 style with the updated cam chain tensioners and the cylinder head intake port nipple block off (instead of an open nipple as on the '03-'05's).

These engines will include all of the above list of procedures done as well as the entire engine being bleadblasted to remove dirt / oils / road grime / etc, so that when you receive the motor it will look completely fresh. The cases, cylinder head, cylinder head cover all get beadblasted.

The engines are complete and ready to bolt on minus the flywheel (unless you purchase the lightened flywheel at the time of the engine) and radiator (you use your existing one).

The price to get a complete engine adds a total of $200.00 to the above prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selling Back Your Stock Engine / Note on 2003-2005 Engines
I will buy back your stock engine for $150.00 if you are interested. You pay for the shipping. Everything must be in reuseable condition, if not then that cost will be deducted from the refund. I only accept 06-09 style engines back as I have not much use for the 03-05 engines. If you have an 03-05 engine you can always buy a pre-built engine from me and sell your stock 03-05 engine on the forum or elsewhere. You will end up coming out ahead in that situation because the cost it takes to upgrade the 03-05 to the newer style engines isn't worth doing compared to the cost of one of my cores.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many questions that can be answered more easily with a phone call so the majority of the people who have PM'ed me I have contacted on the phone to clarify things.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Last edited by jc250r31 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:05 am, edited 24 times in total.

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:59 pm 
Ohhh. Someone's gonna go fast! The BB engine is so much more powerful than stock.

Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=9731&hilit=thunder%27s+ruck

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:10 pm 
Stay Honda go BB ! :wink:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:31 pm 
PM'ed

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:47 pm 
sent a pm too. thanks!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:02 am 
PM's replied

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:14 pm 
This post reserved for more pictures.

My Ride

Last edited by jc250r31 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shot Calling Limey Bastard
Shot Calling Limey Bastard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:49 pm 
Awesomeness! ... if i were in the land of Obama i'd be picking me up some of this shizz!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:22 am 
Pics after cases were beadblasted. Cylinder is bored/honed.

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:59 am 

My Ride

Last edited by jc250r31 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

TR's Mad Scientist!
TR's Mad Scientist!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:42 am 
oh how i wish i was like so many here on TR, cash in hand, ready to spend.

I would be so on this. so so on this.

8)

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:46 am 
damn, jc, you make me wish i hit the lottery. I want this set up.... Now is that 1100 include any possible discount with core exchange?

Project: FnL

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:06 am 
Rev_Dan wrote:
damn, jc, you make me wish i hit the lottery. I want this set up.... Now is that include any possible discount with core exchange?

I posted that because I have had many people PMing me about the price of a complete engine if they didn't send theirs in. I have that 1 motor that I will sell outright with the Big Bore kit installed for that price. Anyone who is willing to send in their motor can PM me and we can talk about the details of a core/exchange setup.

I have 2 spare engines now and the 3rd will be coming shortly. I also have 4 Piston Kits left that are not spoken for yet. These are dedicated for the builds.

Anyone can just PM me if you have any specific questions.

My Ride

Last edited by jc250r31 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:16 am 
Bump, Still available have some engines complete and ready to go.

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:47 am 
Bump for a very good product and awesome ruck enthusiast!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next