Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Pricing - Big Bore Ruckus Engines (Current SPECIAL 1st post)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:36 pm 
Email sent!

#1 2007 Ruckus GY6 Project Pics fixed! UPDATED: 10/9/13
#2 2009 Ruckus Rolling Frame Project UPDATED: 4/2/12
WTB UPDATED: 4/3/12

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:40 pm 
JC,

I am considering a BB but wanted to run some stuff past you...

My big issue is uphill speed. I live in Pittsburgh and we have hills all around this mofo. Hitting 43 on the flats is doing me just fine (not that I'd hate getting a little more, but no need for anything over high 40's). When I hit a hill at 40 I tend to drop off anywhere between 5-15mph depending on the severity of the hill.

So my question is will one of you BB engines help me out with the uphills? Are any of your extra options particularly good for uphill improvement? I basically don't know what extra stuff would be worthwhile. I'd like to get the minimal amount of stuff w/ the easiest install as possible but fig if I am getting it I don't want to cheap out on anything I'll regret.

I have a 2011 Ruckus, bone stock except I have a Daytona Variator from BS in it (which helped), I'd kind of like to keep it as stock as possible with the exception of the BB. So can I keep the stock carb and exhaust or is that just plain stupid?

Last question I was planning to just get the entire engine from you rather than send you mine, I see that is back-ordered any idea when they would be available?

Thanks!!

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:58 pm 
To the last poster: Just an FYI that my big bore pulls me up a hill near where I live at 30-35mph where my stock would drop to 20mph. I also have head work done by JC and a HO cam, but the power is in the big bore.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 pm 
kelvinator wrote:
To the last poster: Just an FYI that my big bore pulls me up a hill near where I live at 30-35mph where my stock would drop to 20mph. I also have head work done by JC and a HO cam, but the power is in the big bore.

Thx Kelvinator... So your guess would be that I would see significant improvement uphill with JC's BB engine and maybe the lightened flywheel alone?

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:08 pm 
Discult wrote:
Thx Kelvinator... So your guess would be that I would see significant improvement uphill with JC's BB engine and maybe the lightened flywheel alone?

18.5% more displacement has got to be more powerful unless some other part of your build is holding you back.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 pm 
I would get the BB plus the cam and flywheel at the minimum. That is what the people who do not get the fully built engine (with everything included) end up getting.

I do have engines and pistons in stock. I am having issues fixing some items on the website but they are definitely available.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 am 
Have you found that any certain intake and exhaust combination that works best with your BB motor.
I would like to do a pod K&N set up. Is there an exhaust that you reccommend? I currently have a stock 2003 muffler and it seems to flow well on my 2006 Ruck, but I am open to suggestions when I go the BB direction.

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:31 am 
mlaubner wrote:
Have you found that any certain intake and exhaust combination that works best with your BB motor.
I would like to do a pod K&N set up. Is there an exhaust that you reccommend? I currently have a stock 2003 muffler and it seems to flow well on my 2006 Ruck, but I am open to suggestions when I go the BB direction.

As far as exhausts go, I have used a daytona drag muffler and the OG Titanium yoshi pipe. The yoshi had a thinner header pipe and I noticed better performance.

:nunya:
tuners tune on las tunas
http://vimeo.com/kiwi2racing
http://blog.kiwi2elite.com/
1-900-COM-RADE
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kiwi2Raci ... 16?sk=wall

One of Us
One of Us

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 am 
I originally had an NCY-R pipe, which has a large header, but a restrictive can that really hurt my performance with the big bore. It was super-rich and just couldn't flow, so I ended up tearing it apart and converting it to a "glass pack" and I got better power. I wouldn't recommend that pipe with a big bore without modifying it (which is a pain).

I just installed a Leo Vince and with the baffle removed, I am getting good power, a little better than my modified NCY-R pipe.

I currently have the filter that came with my JC Racing PC20, so next I will be trying a K&N.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:27 am 
If I get the BB done with the cam, will the stock carb be able to supply enough juice to the motor?
This is the problem, there are a bunch of mufflers to choose from, but my guess is that only a few really match up well with any one set-up.
The setup I can afford to do at this time would be: having my motor rebuilt with the BB installed keeping the stock carb and hopefully getting an exhaust that works for me and not against me. Later add the cam and a new carb when I get a few $$$'s.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:54 pm 
I replied to your email.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:11 pm 
What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting with full BB setups?

One of Us
One of Us

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:34 pm 
AZRUCKR wrote:
What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting with full BB setups?

I get 90mpg.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:29 pm 
Damn that is better than i get on stock motor with exhaust.

One of Us
One of Us

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:49 pm 
Yeah, it's funny. The better my tune, the better my mileage. I guess that makes sense - more efficient. Also, when I was on the stock bore, I rode around wide open all the time. Now I spend some time at partial throttle too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next