Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Sith Slayer
Sith Slayer
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: JC20 Carb Kit Information Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:27 am 
If you are running this set up with the JC manifold and have gotten rid of that bog these kits are gonna go FAST!

49cc-Sith Slayer-Mechanically disadvantaged-130 rear/2 shoe clutch
66cc-Annakin
49cc-2007 Honda Metropolitan- gonna make it super cute, build thread to come

Its easier to tell the truth than to defend a lie.......for some.

75/49 Founder

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 am 
Nevermind. Switched back to the stock spring. The yellow spring is too stiff for the engine. Anyone want to trade for a white?

At this point I think it's safe to say that the bog is non-existent and it IS because of the contour! I've gone through almost all of the jets in the kit and have not had a bog yet. Although I am running into an issue where I can only get to 30-35 on the speedo. The engine revs strong and clean, but the variator only seems to be going 2/3's of the way up the face. I have a yellow contra spring in and stock clutch springs (although I just got the pinks today and they're about to go in) and the stock variator with 6g sliders. I have a KN, but it seems to be no better. I don't want to believe that it's the engine because it's running so well, but it gets up to full rev by 30.

Here's my setup:
'04 P&P head with HO cam and contoured intake port
'07 stock block
HMF exhaust
Stock (about to swap back to the KN) variator with 6g sliders
JC20 setup (35/78 but still tuning)
Powerlink belt (Gates)
Pink clutch springs
Yellow contra spring

Any thoughts? I'm going to continue tuning today, so any help would be great. I'll post if any improvements come around.

TRIGGER COAST ROLLERS

T.W.o.T MkII - PARTED

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:40 am 
JC, i just got my carb kit from MX-performance. Im gonna get a buddy of mine to install it, but he lives in the middle of nowhere, so i was wondering is there anything i will need to pick up from a parts store for the installation, before im a million miles from civilization?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 am 
No you should have pretty much everything you need.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 pm 
Sweet, Thanks JC. I cant wait to get it installed, and get riding :banger:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 pm 
I need a little help, I have tried jet after jet and no luck. Can some suggest where to start. I have a 09 Ruck with a HMF exhaust, a polini varaitor and half 6 and 7g weights with a JC lightened flywheel. I weigh about 200.

Seems like not mater what jet is will bog down at about 25 or 30. Please help. Thanks

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:05 am 
candaddy wrote:
I need a little help, I have tried jet after jet and no luck. Can some suggest where to start. I have a 09 Ruck with a HMF exhaust, a polini varaitor and half 6 and 7g weights with a JC lightened flywheel. I weigh about 200.

Seems like not mater what jet is will bog down at about 25 or 30. Please help. Thanks

You need to make sure you do not have an air leak somewhere. Changing jets should make a difference.

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:28 am 
I followed that link to mxperformance you posted awhile back and purchase the carb from there. quick question does the air mixture screw come in the baseline preset already? Or it's only preset on the carb on your site? Thanks.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 pm 
loner wrote:
I followed that link to mxperformance you posted awhile back and purchase the carb from there. quick question does the air mixture screw come in the baseline preset already? Or it's only preset on the carb on your site? Thanks.

His are all set exactly the same as mine.

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:03 pm 
I just installed this carb and my ruck dies when i release the throttle. I can get it started sometimes but as soon as I relase the throttle it dies. where should i start looking? Is it the choke?

I also can't start it when the choke is all the way down. only when it's all the way up it can start.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 am 
loner wrote:
I just installed this carb and my ruck dies when i release the throttle. I can get it started sometimes but as soon as I relase the throttle it dies. where should i start looking? Is it the choke?

I also can't start it when the choke is all the way down. only when it's all the way up it can start.

You probably need to adjust the idle screw (which is the silver phillips head screw).
Once you have it jetted correctly it will start easier with the choke down but you really should start it with the choke up and let it warm up fully then go riding.

My Ride

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm 
The screw is the on the opposite side of the fuel line?

I think I got it to idle, but once i crack the throttle all the way it dies. Also the throttle is sticking once i give it throttle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHW-HxQcNo
Just like this

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:59 pm 
You should take the slide out and make sure nothing is binding causing it to stick. Solve that problem first before trying to change the jetting any.

That video is the perfect example of how not to twist the throttle on a motorcycle.

My Ride

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: JC20 Carb Kit Information Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:05 am 
Roll the throttle. Double check carb slide and spring. Then jet.

808RC!

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=43212

-808 Ruckus Crew-
area808garage
TNRCrew
Makoa
Kiwi2Racing
SF\cotary west
Steady Garage
Mild
s3
briteside

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:31 pm 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20JFoYyNpQ&feature=plcp

I took the slide out and checked, and it doesn't appear to be stuck or any of that sort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BD2_MRM39I&feature=plcp

I rolled the throttle and I can't pass a quarter throttle like in the vid above. As you can see when I let go of the throttle it's still going for awhile like it's stuck.

I adjusted the idle screw till it was an acceptable idle but sometimes it dies. I even fiddled around with the air mixture screw but turned it back to where it was when it wasn't working.
For now these are my primary concerns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next