Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: JC20 Carb Kit Information Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:05 pm 
To purchase a carb kit click the below Bold link. Otherwise read on to see this from the start point to the finished product along with some good info in between

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=25293

I promised everyone a week for some info so here is what I have right now.

Complete carb kit with 20mm carb, cable, solid aluminum intake manifold, pilot jets, main jets, air filter, fuel line, and adapter for fuel line.

I am not including an inline fuel filter because the Ruckus already has one. An extra one is not needed.

I will also be offering a billet adapter to bridge the gap between the carb and your existing intake boot. This will be for people who want to run a modified air box or keep their existing air filter system the way it is.

The price on the billet adapter is yet to be determined, but you will get a credit on the airfilter when buying the adapter to replace it.

I will post some pictures beginning of next week, I am just not ready to do so yet.

Last edited by jc250r31 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:00 am, edited 9 times in total.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:08 pm 
FYI, the little filter that comes on the PC20 is not a filter. It's an atomizer and my bike ran like shit without it.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:09 pm 
Good work sir!!!!!!

JC250R is a great guy to deal w/!!!

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 pm 
so many ppl making PC20 carb kits now =) supply and demand at work.

the PC20 is a keihiln carb right? and ppl just source the throttle cable hose and stuff separately, right? and do the kn intake adapter?

there's alot of fast 50 that sell a PC20 kit but i dunno if the manifold adapter will fit our engines...

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:03 pm 
PICS!!!

Thief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:19 pm 
i want a carb kit! i wanna go fast!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 pm 
Since Image

I'll post some tonight.

Edit: 11:31pm I just got inside from working, pics will have to come tomorrow....Sorry.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:08 am 
no pics yet :(

Subliminal message of the Year: 2011 Ingenuity is the new Duplication
KILLER GOODIES
KILLER KRAFTED MACHINES
OG KILLER K125

TR's Mad Scientist!
TR's Mad Scientist!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:47 pm 
JC, what up on that atomizer issue that IHAR mentioned?

I am now wondering if this is my next step, vs. messing with intake, why not just step it up to the Big Carb, right?

Space Docker
Space Docker

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:59 pm 
A little input on this kit from my install and use. If you don't have an extension kit the choke lever is nearly impossible to get to or use. The good news is you should be able to just leave it in the down position and it'll work just fine, or at least mine has. A shorter choke lever would be nice for those wanting to use this with no extension. Also make sure it has a long enough fuel line because my stock wasn't long enough. When I talked to Jason he said that he felt that the "atomizer" as we are calling it was really just an additional fuel filter and wasn't needed so his kits no longer include them. I suppose if you weren't getting the proper flow of air to push and diffuse the fuel then maybe it might be something worth having but that is really just a guess... I'm also wondering if a longer velocity stack or tube on the filter side would be a good idea in order to reduce that small bog when you crack the throttle quickly. Seems like it would be a good idea for those running a filter on theirs as it would increase the reserve air available similar to the stock tube. Again-- all theory here!

FrankiurRuckus wrote:
Get out of the game, cause this shit will make you eat ramen and starve your children bro.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:24 pm 
Sorry guys about no pics yet...really I am.....I am swamped with work, plus I have the final race of a winter series this weekend so I have to prep the race bike. I will try to get it installed and tested this weekend. Then I will have pics.

I intend on including some extra fuel line with a connector for the stock ot the extra line included as well.

Seansean so the carb does bog right off the bottom with the PC20 on the Ruckus too then I take it? I'm sure that is with the stock jetting the carb came with of course. The XR/CRF 50's do the exact same thing when the carb's are bolted on; you will need a pilot jet kit to adjest and you should be able to get most of that bog out. The lightened flywheel helps out with that issue on the XR/CRF a good bit.

Space Docker
Space Docker

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:17 pm 
Yeah--
I'm installing the lightened flywheel this weekend, gonna drive it around for a bit and then install the blue clutch springs early next week. I'm thinking additional pick up of the lightened flywheel combined with the higher launch RPM outa do a lot for getting rid of it. As far as pilot goes, I do still have the stock pilot and switched from the stock 95 jet that came with it to the 90 main jet. 88 ran pretty good low end but didn't seem to have the same torque push to it and I didn't want to run too lean. Plug looks good... If this makes sense-- it doesn't SOUND like it bogs but it doesn't pick up right off the bat so it feels similar to a bog. If you roll on the throttle though it helps alleviate the problem... As for the pilot, I only have the one that came with it so that'll be changed later if the other options don't work out.

FrankiurRuckus wrote:
Get out of the game, cause this shit will make you eat ramen and starve your children bro.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:11 am 
I am still interested in this idea... and the lightened fly wheel.
I want to see what you are able to get done with it first.

Thanks for make this option available.

Post pics when you are ready for a flood of sales... not before. :wink:

Space Docker
Space Docker

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:22 pm 
So the lightened flywheel made a difference! The bogging is almost completely gone and it works the hills over now. Top end might have lost just a tiny bit of oomph but I'm also running really light rollers in a KN Variator so my results probably won't be what most end up with as far as that goes. I'm gonna ride it a few days or so before trying 5.5g sliders instead of 5.25 rollers that I have now. That should give me a little more top push plus with the easier movement of the sliders I should still keep most of the bottom end. Blue clutch springs are here and will be installed soon as well so bogging shouldn't be an issue any more. Thanks man! I'll be sending my flywheel and the puller back first thing Monday! Definitely a good mod for the money... :D :D :D
Sorry if this is somewhat of a threadjack but it is good to know what people are running with their PC20 and I couldn't help but plug for the Flywheel also.

FrankiurRuckus wrote:

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:50 pm 
still no pics :(

Subliminal message of the Year: 2011 Ingenuity is the new Duplication
KILLER GOODIES
KILLER KRAFTED MACHINES
OG KILLER K125

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next