Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Flywheel Information Thread from the Beginning
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:24 pm 
BlueRidgeRuckus wrote:
what is torque spec on the nut that holds the flywheel..

also.. any procedure to refill coolant.. any special brand i should use.. or just get already mix one from autoparts store?? i drained it in a cup then while moving tools knocked the gd cup and spilled some :pissed:

I need to look it up in the service manual to get you exact numbers. Someone may chime in here before that with the info.

You can use any coolant you want really just make sure they are compatible with each other. If you have never taken your bike apart before then I would use a motorcycle specific coolant as there is Honda Pre-Mix coolant installed from the dealer.

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Space Docker
Space Docker

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:30 pm 
jc250r31 wrote:
hp99hp wrote:
GREAT thread here guys, just read through all 19 pages. I have some questions:

My performance mods are the following, Khienin (sp?) pc20, Polini variator with 6g met rollers, Posh 10.5K CDI, yosh cf pipe. Rider weight 160lbs

1. I read that some have experienced a little loss in top end and there might be a need for going heavier rollers. Do you think with my weight I will need to go up to maybe 6.5? I want the acceleration benefits and at the same time don't want to lose any top end. Has anyone mixed sliders with rollers? Reason why I ask is because i have a set of Dr. Pulley 6.5g sliders and my 6g met rollers.Best way to do it is just try different weights and settle on the ones you feel that you like the best in the end.

2. Is there a way to take off the radiator w/o having to drain the fluids? I am a partial noob to mechanically involved procedures and see that some result in bubbles in their coolant lines. I would like to minimize this by not having to open up that system. IF not possible I see one person just left the radiator hanging since they could not fully remove it for whatever reason. I want to anticipate as many hiccups as possible. No the coolant will spill everywhere if you dont drain the radiator. You can however leave the hoses connected and let it hang there while changing the flywheel. There is a metal tube that connects the radiator to the engine that you aren't realising is there, thats why it has to be drained. You need an 8mm, 17mm sockets to get the radiator, fan, and flywheel nut off. Then the tool to remove. Then reinstall.

3. Are there any other tools I will need to make sure I have to get this job done aside from the obvious? I see variator tool, tq wrench. What size sockets if any will I need? Does anyone know the tq. specs that I'll need to put everything back together?

Thanks again everyone for contributing all the useful information on this thread and TIA for your help :usa:

To add to that... I only drained the radiator and left the hoses attached, took of the stock flywheel and immediatly put the lightened one on and refilled the coolant and never had any problems with overheat or a busted thermostat. Maybe luck or maybe it put's less stress on the system/install but it worked well. My $.02

Also, JC is a great seller who communicates well and delivers a quality product quickly, so bump for that. :usa:

FrankiurRuckus wrote:
Get out of the game, cause this shit will make you eat ramen and starve your children bro.

Ghosts
Ghosts
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 am 
seansean wrote:

To add to that... I only drained the radiator and left the hoses attached, took of the stock flywheel and immediatly put the lightened one on and refilled the coolant and never had any problems with overheat or a busted thermostat. Maybe luck or maybe it put's less stress on the system/install but it worked well. My $.02

Also, JC is a great seller who communicates well and delivers a quality product quickly, so bump for that. :usa:

^^ did same thing he did.. however mine was gone for about 5 days or so.. i left the radiator connected (i disconnected one came after draining from the top) and then let it hang down while i took it off and then while mine was in shipment.. i put the radiator back on that metal tube.. then when lightened came back.. just reinstalled it.. radiator back on.. poured in the same coolant.. started right up.. let it sit there for awhile.. i left the black fin part off until i knew everthing was running fine.. then finished it up.. took it for a test drive.. pulls a lot harder and keeps up hills better.. more testing with GPS this weekend but i am sure with all these reviews i will like it more :)

Also.. JC PM me back everytime.. answered my questions.. let me know when he got it and when he shipped..

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:55 am 
Did anyone answer the question about the coolant mix? Straight coolant or should I mix with water...I'm FL so there is no chance of freezing lines.

I would like to do this tonight so any help would be appreciated......does autozone carry premixed motorcycle coolant? Thanks for the help in advance.

Trigger Coast Rollers

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:20 pm 
UB2-Did you see this post-is this similar to what you're experiencing since the flywheel? :

"I'm having some problems with my bike after installing my flywheel.
I just recently installed JC's lightened flywheel. And ever since I installed it, After 5 minutes of riding, going full throttle, then when I brake or slow down, I try to accelerate, and then engine seems to stall a little and I can't rev. all the way. The engine is still on, idling, but I can't rev passed 1mph. the engine sounds like its struggling or stuck when I rev. I have to turn off my engine and start it up again and it works again. But I have to do this at every stop light and stop sign. This is ever since I installed the flywheel.
Did I install it wrong of something? The bike was running fine before I installed the flywheel."

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:55 am 
The coolant needs to be bled correctly for that above post. There is probably air in the lines causing hotspots and the ECU to go into "limp" mode.

My Ride

Sith Slayer
Sith Slayer
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:25 am 
x2

49cc-Sith Slayer-Mechanically disadvantaged-130 rear/2 shoe clutch
66cc-Annakin
49cc-2007 Honda Metropolitan- gonna make it super cute, build thread to come

Its easier to tell the truth than to defend a lie.......for some.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:38 pm 
fly wheel torque specs any one

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:05 pm 
some comparison, thanks for the great service and fast shippin. too bad cant test it out yet, maybe too tmr. thanks again JC

*****2-strokes Vanilla Shake in the making(S-Motion Garge/SparkleMotion)****

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 am 
japedo wrote:
fly wheel torque specs any one

here u go
Quote:
Flywheel nut - 33

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17186

*****2-strokes Vanilla Shake in the making(S-Motion Garge/SparkleMotion)****

n00bie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:08 pm 
Are they rebalanced or do they need it? It looks like some of the balance holes are shaved down on the 4stks. I have a Zuma 2stk and wonder how the 2stk guys like the lightened fw?

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:30 am 
They are already balanced.

My Ride

n00bie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:26 pm 

Last edited by XXX333 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

n00bie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 pm 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Flywheel Information Thread from the Beginning
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 am 
Arrived and installed today! Wow fast turn around time! Thanks.... Took around 25-35 minutes to install...

My review...
1. It feels a bit stronger on climbs. But I havent put more than a mile or two on it. I'm gonna take it up a really steep hill tonight to really find out. I spilled a little coolant but I didn't drain the system. No issues yet.

2. I just got home from my ride. At first it actually drove slower... I was kinda bumming but then it started getting faster and faster. Now I've put 14 miles on the new flywheel and I'm at 2-4 mph faster on the top end and 2-3 mph faster on the steep climbs! I think its a little more responsive with accel and decel. too subtle to be sure of. But as of right now, I'm happy and hoping to get happier!!!

Id recommend this to anyone based on my short experience with this product.... Fair price fast professional service! Thanks again!!!

Give me Liberty or give me death!

My build thread.... viewtopic.php?t=64161

My build thread...

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=64161

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next