Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Flywheel Information Thread from the Beginning
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 pm 
WORD

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm 
S2 wrote:
WORD

I agree

http://www.jcracingonline.com

My Ride

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:51 pm 
Bump, cause I love my JCR Flywheel! :banger: :banger:

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:45 am 
B) Price is $120.00 Shipped. I send you a pre-lightened flywheel. You are purchasing this item outright. See below if you are interested in selling back your stock flywheel.

with an agreement that you'll buy my flywheel after I recieve yours. :mrgreen:
"I will buy back a stock flywheel for $50.00 shipped to me"

pm sent

-ef9

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm 
I'm having some problems with my bike after installing my flywheel.
I just recently installed JC's lightened flywheel. And ever since I installed it, After 5 minutes of riding, going full throttle, then when I brake or slow down, I try to accelerate, and then engine seems to stall a little and I can't rev. all the way. The engine is still on, idling, but I can't rev passed 1mph. the engine sounds like its struggling or stuck when I rev. I have to turn off my engine and start it up again and it works again. But I have to do this at every stop light and stop sign. This is ever since I installed the flywheel.
Did I install it wrong of something? The bike was running fine before I installed the flywheel.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited by Keolu on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:45 pm 
sounds like your problem has nothing to do with the flywheel but with your skills to reassemble the engine.

your engine goes into "limp" mode because it's overheating. which means that something went wrong when you were refilling the cooling system. try doing it one more time, but this time try harder getting rid of the air bubbles.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:39 pm 
I see. thanks Varroa. I will do it again and check.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:22 pm 
If that does not fix it, your thermostat may have froze up. It did it on mine when I drained the coolant and left it dry for a bit. If your going to drain your system might as well check the thermostat in some really hot water. Or if you want to do a quick check there is a wire on the opposite side that is your temperature sending unit. If you unplug it, the bike should run fine but still over heating. Does that make since.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:54 pm 
thanks Ruckin Joe. hopefully refilling my coolant works out. I'll PM you if I need more info.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 pm 
GREAT thread here guys, just read through all 19 pages. I have some questions:

My performance mods are the following, Khienin (sp?) pc20, Polini variator with 6g met rollers, Posh 10.5K CDI, yosh cf pipe. Rider weight 160lbs

1. I read that some have experienced a little loss in top end and there might be a need for going heavier rollers. Do you think with my weight I will need to go up to maybe 6.5? I want the acceleration benefits and at the same time don't want to lose any top end. Has anyone mixed sliders with rollers? Reason why I ask is because i have a set of Dr. Pulley 6.5g sliders and my 6g met rollers.

2. Is there a way to take off the radiator w/o having to drain the fluids? I am a partial noob to mechanically involved procedures and see that some result in bubbles in their coolant lines. I would like to minimize this by not having to open up that system. IF not possible I see one person just left the radiator hanging since they could not fully remove it for whatever reason. I want to anticipate as many hiccups as possible.

3. Are there any other tools I will need to make sure I have to get this job done aside from the obvious? I see variator tool, tq wrench. What size sockets if any will I need? Does anyone know the tq. specs that I'll need to put everything back together?

Thanks again everyone for contributing all the useful information on this thread and TIA for your help :usa:

2 Wheels:
2009 Ruckus-GET
2003 Ruckus-GY6

Build thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=36780

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm 
BUMP!

I got mine and damn, it looks good. I havent tried it out that much yet but it looks promising.
+1 for JCracing

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:48 pm 
hp99hp wrote:
GREAT thread here guys, just read through all 19 pages. I have some questions:

My performance mods are the following, Khienin (sp?) pc20, Polini variator with 6g met rollers, Posh 10.5K CDI, yosh cf pipe. Rider weight 160lbs

1. I read that some have experienced a little loss in top end and there might be a need for going heavier rollers. Do you think with my weight I will need to go up to maybe 6.5? I want the acceleration benefits and at the same time don't want to lose any top end. Has anyone mixed sliders with rollers? Reason why I ask is because i have a set of Dr. Pulley 6.5g sliders and my 6g met rollers.Best way to do it is just try different weights and settle on the ones you feel that you like the best in the end.

2. Is there a way to take off the radiator w/o having to drain the fluids? I am a partial noob to mechanically involved procedures and see that some result in bubbles in their coolant lines. I would like to minimize this by not having to open up that system. IF not possible I see one person just left the radiator hanging since they could not fully remove it for whatever reason. I want to anticipate as many hiccups as possible. No the coolant will spill everywhere if you dont drain the radiator. You can however leave the hoses connected and let it hang there while changing the flywheel. There is a metal tube that connects the radiator to the engine that you aren't realising is there, thats why it has to be drained. You need an 8mm, 17mm sockets to get the radiator, fan, and flywheel nut off. Then the tool to remove. Then reinstall.

3. Are there any other tools I will need to make sure I have to get this job done aside from the obvious? I see variator tool, tq wrench. What size sockets if any will I need? Does anyone know the tq. specs that I'll need to put everything back together?

Thanks again everyone for contributing all the useful information on this thread and TIA for your help :usa:

My Ride

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:38 am 
TRUST THIS GUY IN EVERY WAY!!!!

TR IS A BETTER PLACE BECAUSE OF HIM!!

BEST VENDOR EVER & A DAMN GOOD ATV RACER!!

:banger: :banger:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 pm 
TTT

My Ride

Ghosts
Ghosts

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:13 am 
what is torque spec on the nut that holds the flywheel..

also.. any procedure to refill coolant.. any special brand i should use.. or just get already mix one from autoparts store?? i drained it in a cup then while moving tools knocked the gd cup and spilled some :pissed:

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next